Non-Degree Student Next Steps
Congratulations, future UND Fighting Hawk!
Use the Admitted Student Portal to see who your admission rep is and get started on your first-year freshman checklist.
Now that you're accepted as a non-degree student, check out the next steps toward getting started at UND.
1. Claim Your Account
To gain access to many of the systems you'll need as a UND student, you must activate
your student account within the North Dakota University System (NDUS).
To claim your account:
- Go to UND.edu/claim.
- Find your student ID number (also known as your EMPLID) on your acceptance letter or by following the steps under the "Find my EMPLID" menu.
- Click "Claim Your Account".
- Follow the steps as indicated.
Once you've claimed your account, you don't have to go through the process again. Keep your username and password in a safe and secure place.
NDUS Help Desk
2. Check Your Email
Before you've registered for classes, please check the email you used on your admission application frequently for official communications from the University regarding financial aid, housing, confirming your enrollment, Orientation, course registration and more.
After you've registered for classes and claimed your NDUS account, please log in to your UND student email account.
Follow the directions for accessing your UND student email account:
- Review the login information under the Getting Started tab
- Get directions to set up your UND email on your smartphone or tablet under the Mobile Devices tab
UND Tech Support
3. Register for Classes
How to Enroll in On-Campus Classes
Follow these steps to register for on-campus classes within Campus Connection:
- Select Academics > Enroll.
- Select Continue.
- You can search for classes two ways: by Class Number or Class Search.
- You must always check out through your shopping cart to fully enroll in classes.
- For step-by-step instructions on how to search for classes, visit One-Stop Student Services.
One-Stop Student Services
How to Enroll in Online Classes
Enroll Anytime Courses
UND's Enroll Anytime Courses are offered online and are open for enrollment any day of the year. Follow these directions to register for Enroll Anytime Courses.
Semester Based Courses
Semester Based Courses are offered online and follow the standard UND semester schedule. You'll register for these classes in Campus Connection using the steps above.
4. Stay Informed
Connect with classmates and find out what’s happening at UND.
- Download the My UND app.
- Follow @UNDstudentlife on Instagram.
- Join your Facebook Group and ask questions of fellow UND students.
- Text one of the keywords below to 31347 to receive student text messages. See terms and conditions.
- Read the Dakota Student newspaper.
- Tag your social media posts with #UNDproud and see yourself on the UND home page.